Fish fingers are great comfort food.
Don’t get them from a packet – make your own gourmet fish fingers in half an hour.
Time: about 30 minutes.
- food processor
- chopping board
- 3 wide, flat-bottomed containers.
- a fillet of fish (I chose haddock loin)
- flour, seasoned to taste
- 1 egg
- bread crumbs
First, pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
1. Toast your slice of bread
2. Blitz the toast in your food processor
3. Add an equal amount of polenta
4. Add the parmesan
5. Blitz again.
6. Put the flour in one of the bowls
7. Beat an egg and add it to another of the bowls
8. Put the bread crumbs in the remaining bowl
9. Cut the fish in to finger shapes
10. Prepare a baking tray.
1. Coat the fish in the flour
2. Dip in the beaten egg
3. Coat with bread crumbs
4. Place on the baking tray
5. Bake for about 15 minutes
Serve your tasty treat.
Have a go yourself, let me know how you get on, and please share your own recipes. Take photos of your masterpiece and either send me a link or post them on Twitter and Tweet @scottcolfer. Happy cooking!