Combine a greasy-spoon classic with a bit of very simple food theatre.
Throw some potatoes and eggs in an oven tray and you’re done.
Time: about 45 minutes.
- a sharp knife
- chopping board
- a large baking tray.
- around 200g potatoes per person
- a garlic clove per person
- a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary (or half a teaspoon of dried rosemary) per person
- around a tblsp olive oil per person
- an egg per person.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees celcius
2. Cut the unpeeled potatoes in to thick chips
3. Strip the rosemary leaves from the sprigs
4. Crush and chop garlic.
1. Put the chips in the roasting tray
2. Scatter garlic and rosemary over chips
3. Drizzle oil over chips, then toss chips to coat in oil and flavourings
4. Roast the chips for around 35 minutes (until golden brown), shaking half way through
5. Make a gap in the chips for each egg and then cook for 3-5 minutes (until cooked however you like yours.
Serve & eat.